The accounts department ensures the efficient day to day running of the financial aspect of the practice. The following important points are for your information:
- First and follow up consultations are payable at time of visit.
- Should a patient require active chemotherapy treatment our authorizations department will endeavour to obtain pre-authorization from the patient's medical aid. In certain circumstances the assistance of the patient may be required.
- Accounts are processed and submitted electronically to the relevant medical aid within 48hrs of the administered treatment.
- Medical aid authorization does not guarantee full settlement of the account, this will depend on the patient's plan and limits allocated by the medical aid.
- At all times the onus rests with the patient to ensure their account is paid in full and settled by their medical aid. Any shortfalls will need to be settled by the patient.
- Private patients will be required to settle all consultations and treatment related costs at the time of the consultation and treatment visits.
- The accounts department is available to answer any questions and assist patients in anyway they can.
Lindy Motala Tel: 011 883 0900